The purpose of Common Hour is to enable the entire Franklin & Marshall community to gather for culturally and academically enriching events at midday each Thursday during the academic year. It is an opportunity to engage in a campus-wide dialogue that originates with Common Hour and then extends beyond the confines of 11:30-12:35 into classrooms, house commons, dining halls and beyond. These are vital international, national, local and institutional issues that are relevant to all.
Common Hour Policy
Our Policy on Common Hour has information for the general public and news media about attending and recording Common Hour events.
Common Hour Committee
- Beatriz Caamano Alegre, Associate Professor of Spanish
- Alan S. Caniglia, Senior Associate Dean of the Faculty and Vice Provost for Planning and Institutional Research and Professor of Economics
- Annalisa Crannell, Professor of Mathematics (Chair)
- Srirupa Dasgupta, Director of Web Content and Multimedia, College Communications
- Rhya Ghose ’15
- Alicia Kukoda ’14
- Phyllis A. Leber, Dr. E. Paul and Frances H. Reiff Professor of Chemistry
- Virginia A. Maksymowicz, Associate Professor of Art
- Garrett Moore ’16
- Abigail Quint ’15
- Candace Roper, Program Coordinator, International Studies and Common Hour
- Hoda A. Yousef, Assistant Professor of History